« Home | What's with the ads? » | Forces Beyond Our Control » | Nostalgia » | Senses » 

Sunday, January 01, 2006 

The Countdown

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"And so it is." 2006. Another year has gone by in a flash. What have we done with time? Some of our goals have eluded us and I do believe that these are what we fashion resolutions out of. The problem is that they get recycled each year, and we give ourselves false promises every December 31st. Why not try something new this year? Forget the goals; they're not important. Live life in the now, and be happy.

Easier said than done for most, I suppose. I hope that the situation I'm in passes by as quickly as it was forged in the first place. Must I always do this to others? I can't hurt anyone again, and I don't think I can find another...

Why tradition? Why convention? Why the existence of constraints that hold me back from being with the one I love? Sometimes things don't make too much sense, and the world is bleak again. Someone lend me a light.

About me

  • "Just another soldier, on the road to nowhere..." I'm just a man with thoughts and feelings. It doesn't really matter who I am. What difference does it make whether I'm one person or another? My material is out there for you to read and interpret, and you should be able to, from that, decipher who I really am.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates